- 4 baked organic white sweet potatoes work best (Orange sweet potatoes or yams will work too)
- Coconut cream, from 2 cans of coconut milk, not light (reserve some leftover coconut water)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (watch out for corn syrup)
- 1/2 cup organic, fair trade cocoa powder
- 4 or 6 drops of stevia glycerite, to taste (my recipe was sweet enough without it)
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil
- Dash of sea salt
- Bake sweet potatoes covered in 350 degree oven for 1-1 1/2 hours until very soft. Refrigerate overnight. Peel and add potatoes to blender or food processor.
- Refrigerate 2 cans of full fat coconut milk overnight. Without shaking, open cans and spoon coconut cream into blender. Add 1/4-1/2 cup leftover coconut water for blending.
- To blender add vanilla extract, cocoa powder, stevia (if desired), coconut oil, and salt
- Blend in blender or food processor until smooth adding coconut water by the tablespoonful as necessary to facilitate blending.
- Pour into a serving dish or individual parfait dishes.
- Garnish with fruit if desired.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.